Accuray Receives AERB Approval for Sale and Supply of its Radixact® X9 System in India
"This milestone demonstrates continued momentum in the global commercialization of the Radixact System, further enhancing our ability to make advanced radiation therapy more accessible to clinicians and their patients," said Lionel Hadjadjeba, M.D., Senior Vice President, and Chief Commercial Officer at
The Radixact System is fully integrated with the Accuray Precision® Treatment Planning System (TPS) and iDMS™ Data Management System. Together, these radiation therapy solutions are designed to improve treatment outcomes and workflow efficiencies, enabling clinicians to provide optimal treatments for more patients, every day.
Radixact X9 System clinician and patient benefits
- The Radixact System delivers the same highly conformal and homogeneous dose distribution faster than the previous TomoTherapy platform, with a higher dose rate (1000 MU/minute) and imaging time that is 66 percent faster. A combination of higher dose output and faster image acquisition can shorten treatment times, while improving the patient experience
- The CTrue™ IR (Iterative Reconstruction) image guidance software improves soft-tissue contrast and reduces noise, enhancing image quality, while maintaining the same low imaging dose and fast reconstruction time as earlier versions of the software. Patient workflows are also more efficient, facilitating the delivery of precise treatments more quickly, for more patients
- PreciseART™ Adaptive Radiation Therapy Software makes adaptive radiotherapy simple and practical for every practice. This software enables clinicians to monitor every patient and efficiently adapt plans, helping clinics of all sizes deliver more precise treatments to more patients
- The PreciseRTX™ Retreatment Option accelerates and automates the re-planning process to make re-treatment more efficient for practices and more effective for patients in those cases where, unfortunately, cancer has recurred and additional radiation treatments are necessary
- The system is pre-commissioned and only needs to be verified by the customer. This speeds the overall process, with time to first treatment proven to typically take only two weeks from the start of installation
A wide range of cancer indications can be treated
- The Radixact® System can be used for virtually any case for which radiation therapy is prescribed, including:
- Large tumors or multiple tumors throughout the body
- Standard radiation therapy indications such as breast, lung, prostate, and head and neck cancers
- Complex treatments such as total marrow irradiation and whole-brain with simultaneous boosts to multiple metastases
- The system precisely targets cancer cells, enabling doctors to effectively treat:
- Hard-to-reach tumors
- Tumors that have recurred, including those in patients who may not be candidates for retreatment with traditional delivery systems
Important Safety Information
For Important Safety Information please refer to https://www.accuray.com/safety-statement.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements made in this press release that are not statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements and are subject to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements in this press release relate, but are not limited, to clinical applications, clinical results, patient experiences and outcomes, and
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date the statements are made and are based on information available to the company at the time those statements are made and/or management's good faith belief as of that time with respect to future events. The company assumes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect actual performance or results, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking information, except to the extent required by applicable securities laws. Accordingly, investors should not put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/accuray-receives-aerb-approval-for-sale-and-supply-of-its-radixact-x9-system-in-india-300669833.html