Accuray Showcases Radiation Therapy Innovations Designed to Improve What's Possible for Patients at ASTRO 2018
"We are proud to have the opportunity to attend this important meeting and provide access to information, demonstrations and educational opportunities for learning about advances in
New products and upcoming developments
- CyberKnife® VOLO™
Optimizer: This next-generation optimizer simplifies the process of creating treatment plans, improves plan quality and enables more efficient exploration of the tradeoffs between treatment time and plan quality. Preliminary data from Accurayindicates that the CyberKnife VOLO Optimizer will provide a significant reduction in optimization time, and up to 50 percent reduction in treatment delivery time. Accuraywill be launching this new optimizer at its booth at 11:00 amon Sunday, October 21st.
- CTrue™ IR (Iterative Reconstruction) for the Radixact® System: This powerful IR software improves soft-tissue contrast and reduces noise, enhancing image quality, while maintaining the same low imaging dose and fast reconstruction time as earlier versions of the software. These enhancements enable clinicians to efficiently deliver precise treatments more quickly, for more patients.
- Radixact System with Real-Time Motion Synchronization* [510(k) pending, not available for sale]: Capabilities of the Radixact System are being expanded to offer real-time motion synchronization, with the goal of improving dose accuracy and treatment times compared to other methods, such as gating. These capabilities will build on the current Radixact System, which is fully integrated with the Accuray Precision® Treatment Planning System and iDMS™ Data Management System. These hardware and software solutions work seamlessly together and were introduced to help improve treatment outcomes and workflow efficiencies, enabling clinicians to provide optimal treatments for more patients, every day. *Not 510(k) cleared or available for commercial distribution.
Click here for more information or to register for the symposia.
Symposia: Breast Cancer: Your Challenges Today – Our Solutions for Tomorrow:
Jean-Philippe Pignol, M.D., Ph.D. FRCPC; Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
Asal Shoushtari Rahimi, M.D., MS; U.T. Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA Nathan Corradini, MS, DABR SSRMP; Clinica Luganese, Lugano, Switzerland Jennifer R. Bellon, M.D.; Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
- Carole Massabeau, M.D.; Institut Universitaire du Cancer de Toulouse Oncopole,
Symposia: Dynamic Tracking and Motion Correction: Over 15 Years of Accuray Leadership:
- Moderator: Fabienne Hirigoyenberry-Lanson, Ph.D., Vice President Global Medical and Scientific Affairs, Accuray
- Cristian Cotrutz, Ph.D.; Swedish Radiosurgery Center,
Seattle, WA, USA Jonathan W. Lischalk, M.D.; Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA John Bayouth, Ph.D.; University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
AERO™ Academy Sessions:
Attendees at this year's ASTRO meeting will have the opportunity to participate in interactive discussions with clinical experts on the use of
Unique Hologram Technology
Throughout the ASTRO meeting attendees will have the opportunity to view viRTual—Where Art Meets Science, an immersive virtual reality experience that provides an opportunity to see how
Statements made in this press release that are not statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements and are subject to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements in this press release relate, but are not limited, to clinical applications, clinical results, patient experiences and outcomes, the availability and effectiveness of new product enhancements and releases, and
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date the statements are made and are based on information available to the company at the time those statements are made and/or management's good faith belief as of that time with respect to future events. The company assumes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect actual performance or results, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking information, except to the extent required by applicable securities laws. Accordingly, investors should not put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.
Public Relations Director, Accuray
+1 (408) 789-4426
+1 (781) 684-6662
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/accuray-showcases-radiation-therapy-innovations-designed-to-improve-whats-possible-for-patients-at-astro-2018-300732492.html