- What is Accuray’s ticker symbol?
- On what exchange is Accuray traded?
- The company is traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market.
- When was the company founded and where is it incorporated?
- Accuray was incorporated in California in 1990 and commenced commercial operations in 1992. Accuray re-incorporated in Delaware in 2007.
- Where is Accuray located?
- Accuray Corporate Headquarters is located at:
1310 Chesapeake Terrace
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Accuray International Headquarters is located at:
Rte de la Longeraie 9
Other principal locations include Madison, WI; Hong Kong, China; Tokyo, Japan
- What does Accuray do?
- Accuray Incorporated is a radiation oncology company that develops, manufactures and sells precise, innovative treatment solutions that set the standard of care, with the aim of helping patients live longer, better lives. The Company’s leading-edge technologies are designed to deliver radiosurgery, stereotactic body radiation therapy, intensity modulated radiation therapy, image-guided radiation therapy and adaptive radiation therapy.
The CyberKnife® System delivers radiosurgery and stereotactic body radiation therapy, enabling precise, high-quality dose distributions to be confidently administered to the patient with extreme accuracy over a minimum number of treatments, reducing side effects and preserving patients' quality of life. The system is able to adjust and automatically stay on target in real-time, accounting for patient and tumor motion. CyberKnife is the only robotic radiosurgery system available today which delivers such high precision treatments for intra- and extra-cranial disease sites throughout the body. The TomoTherapy® System is the only radiation therapy device designed specifically IG-IMRT. Based on a CT scanner platform, the system provides integrated daily low-dose imaging and two versatile modes of treatment delivery: TomoHelical™ Mode for continuous delivery from 360° around the patient and TomoDirect™ Mode for delivery from specific angles. Both modes can be used in an IMRT or 3D-CRT capacity, and – with the aid of a unique high-speed MLC – allow clinicians to efficiently apply precise, individualized dose distributions to a wide range of indications.
To develop personalized, leading-edge treatment solutions that help cancer patients live longer, better lives.
- How are Accuray’s products sold?
- Accuray currently markets its systems through a combination of direct sales personnel, distributors and sales agents.
- Where are Accuray’s radiation oncology systems installed?
- The CyberKnife and TomoTherapy Systems are installed in leading healthcare centers in approximately 40 countries globally.
- Are Accuray’s products cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other regulatory agencies?
- The CyberKnife and TomoTherapy Systems are FDA approved and CE marked. The CyberKnife System has received FDA 510(k) clearance to provide treatment planning and image-guided robotic radiosurgery for tumors anywhere in the body where radiation treatment is indicated. In July 1999, Accuray received marketing clearance from the FDA for treatment of tumors in the head, neck and spine. In August 2001, clearance was received from the FDA for treatment of tumors, lesions and conditions anywhere in the body where radiation is indicated.
In September 2002 Accuray Incorporated received a CE mark for sale of the CyberKnife System in Europe. The CyberKnife System is also approved to treat an extensive range of indications, in various countries throughout the world.
The TomoTherapy System received U.S. FDA 510(k) clearance, to provide image-guided external beam radiation therapy delivered in a helical delivery pattern, in 2002. The system received further marketing clearance from the FDA in 2005 for stereotactic treatment procedures. Also during 2005 the system received certification for European Economic Community CE marking, allowing distribution within the European Union. In 2008 the system’s TomoDirect™ discrete-angle delivery mode received FDA 510(k) clearance. Like the CyberKnife System, TomoTherapy Systems are cleared for use in various countries throughout the world.
- How many employees does Accuray have?
- As December 31, 2014 Accuray had more than 1,000 employees worldwide.
- When does Accuray’s fiscal year end?
- Accuray’s fiscal year ends on June 30.
- When is Accuray Incorporated’s next report of quarterly results?
- Please see our Calendar of Events.
- Who is Accuray’s transfer agent?
- Computershare Inc.
(800) 952-9245 (Hearing Impaired)
(201) 680-6578 (Foreign Shareholders)
www.computershare.com/investor Mailing address:
c/o Computershare Inc.
250 Royall Street
Canton MA 02021
- How do I get more information?
- To contact the investor relations department directly, please refer to the Investor Contact section of this site, and to email us, click here.