Accuray CyberKnife® and TomoTherapy® Platforms Featured in More Than 55 Abstracts Presented at ESTRO 2023, Reinforcing Systems' Versatility, Efficiency and Effectiveness
Data Highlight Expanding Use of (Ultra) Hypofractionated Treatments, Benefits in Patient Care Made Possible by the Precision and Accuracy of Accuray Technologies
During the meeting,
"The information sharing that takes place at meetings such as ESTRO is focused on the same critical goal – improving patient care. The breadth of data presented at this year's meeting continues to provide compelling evidence supporting the unique benefits of Accuray CyberKnife and
ESTRO Study Highlights: Advances in
CyberKnife Platform for Prostate Cancer: The CyberKnife platform offers an effective treatment option for prostate tumors, of which move unpredictably during treatment, with just five sessions required. Studies on CyberKnife stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) have shown its ability to:
- Effectively treat low-risk disease, preserving quality of life and challenging other treatment alternatives. Study authors concluded, "SBRT is a focused therapy that is feasible, well-tolerated, and preserves quality of life. This innovative robotized approach challenges other focused treatment alternatives as well as active surveillance1."
- Provide a "safe and viable treatment option" for locally recurrent prostate cancer after definitive radiotherapy, supported by five years of median follow-up2.
- Offer a viable treatment option with mild toxicity for patients experiencing prostate bed recurrence following prostatectomy3.
CyberKnife® Platform for Metastatic Diseases: The CyberKnife platform offers targeted treatment that effectively manages challenging metastatic diseases, often requiring fewer treatment sessions. In some cases, just one treatment session is sufficient. Studies on CyberKnife stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) highlight the system's capabilities, including:
- Providing a feasible treatment option with excellent local tumor control and minimal side effects for select patients with more than 10 brain metastases4.
- Delivering ablative doses to target spinal metastases, ensuring good local control and low rates of toxicity while protecting critical organs5.
- Offering a viable treatment option for bone metastases, characterized by low acute and late toxicities. A complete pain response was achieved by patients experiencing symptoms6.
Synchrony® Technology: The
- Synchrony with the Radixact® System allows a reduction of the target area to be treated in lung cancer patients, compared to a LINAC based technique without tumor tracking, with a median beam-on time of less than 10 minutes7.
- Synchrony with the CyberKnife® platform is an option for the treatment of inoperable pancreatic cancer, offering promising overall survival (OS at 12 months was 35%) and an excellent post radiotherapy toxicity profile8.
- The combination of the CyberKnife System and Synchrony provides an effective and well-tolerated option for the treatment of early-stage breast cancer in five sessions. Cosmesis was rated as excellent by 84% and good by15% of patients9.
- Total marrow irradiation with TomoHelical™ in combination with melphalan and autologous transplant provides good results with minimal side effects in patients with relapsed multiple myeloma10.
*VitalHold™ is 510(k) pending. VitalHold is not available for sale in the
Important Safety Information
For Important Safety Information please refer to https://www.accuray.com/safety-statement.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements made in this press release that are not statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements and are subject to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements in this press release relate, but are not limited, clinical applications, clinical results, patient experiences and patient outcomes. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. If any of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or if any of the company's assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to achieve widespread market acceptance of its products; the company's ability to develop new products or improve existing products to meet customers' needs; the company's ability to anticipate or keep pace with changes in the marketplace and the direction of technological innovation and customer demands and such other risks identified under the heading "Risk Factors" in the company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, filed with the
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date the statements are made and are based on information available to the company at the time those statements are made and/or management's good faith belief as of that time with respect to future events. The company assumes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect actual performance or results, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking information, except to the extent required by applicable securities laws. Accordingly, investors should not put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.
+1 (408) 789-4426
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/accuray-cyberknife-and-tomotherapy-platforms-featured-in-more-than-55-abstracts-presented-at-estro-2023-reinforcing-systems-versatility-efficiency-and-effectiveness-301826913.html